By Keith Makan, Scott Alexander-Bown
Just got .mobi from packtpub web site. It opened instantly in Calibre so i guess there's no DRM. remark if there is.
useful recipes to delve into Android's protection mechanisms through troubleshooting universal vulnerabilities in functions and Android OS versions
• research the safety of Android functions and units, and make the most universal vulnerabilities in functions and Android working systems
• advance customized vulnerability evaluate instruments utilizing the Drozer Android safeguard overview Framework
• Reverse-engineer Android functions for defense vulnerabilities
• shield your Android software with modern hardening techniques
Android defense Cookbook discusses many universal vulnerabilities and safeguard similar shortcomings in Android functions and working platforms. The ebook breaks down and enumerates the methods used to use and remediate those vulnerabilities within the kind of special recipes and walkthroughs.
The e-book additionally teaches readers to take advantage of an Android protection evaluation Framework referred to as Drozer and the way to enhance plugins to customise the framework.
Other issues coated comprise tips on how to reverse-engineer Android purposes to discover universal vulnerabilities, and the way to discover universal reminiscence corruption vulnerabilities on ARM units. by way of software safeguard this ebook will exhibit numerous hardening thoughts to guard program elements, the knowledge kept, safe networking. In precis, Android defense Cookbook presents a pragmatic research into many parts of Android software and working approach protection and provides the
What you'll examine from this book
• manage the Android improvement instruments and frameworks
• have interaction in program safeguard concepts
• Use the Drozer Android defense review Framework
• customise and increase your individual plugins for the Drozer Framework
• make the most, enumerate, and research universal program point exploits
• safeguard purposes from universal vulnerabilities and exploits
• Reverse-engineer purposes for universal code point vulnerabilities
• safe software networking, SSL/TLS
• Encryption to guard program data
"Android safety Cookbook' breaks down and enumerates the tactics used to use and remediate Android app safety vulnerabilities within the kind of distinctive recipes and walkthroughs.
Who this publication is written for
"Android safeguard Cookbook" is aimed toward an individual who's occupied with Android app defense and desires on the way to take the mandatory functional measures to guard themselves; which means Android program builders, defense researchers and analysts, penetration testers, and customarily any CIO, CTO, or IT managers dealing with the impeding onslaught of cellular units within the enterprise setting will reap the benefits of studying this book.
Read Online or Download Android Security Cookbook PDF
Best security books
Constructing a knowledge protection software that clings to the main of defense as a company enabler has to be step one in an enterprise’s attempt to construct an efficient safety application. Following within the footsteps of its bestselling predecessor, details defense basics, moment variation presents info defense pros with a transparent knowing of the basics of protection required to handle the variety of concerns they'll adventure within the box.
What an awesome international we are living in! nearly something you could think should be researched, in comparison, well-liked, studied, and in lots of circumstances, obtained, with the clicking of a mouse. the net has replaced our lives, placing a global of chance ahead of us. regrettably, it has additionally positioned a global of chance into the fingers of these whose reasons are lower than honorable.
This publication constitutes the refereed complaints of the twenty eighth IFIP TC eleven foreign details safety and privateness convention, SEC 2013, held in Auckland, New Zealand, in July 2013. The 31 revised complete papers provided have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from eighty three submissions. The papers are geared up in topical sections on malware, authentication and authorization, community security/cryptography, software program safeguard, coverage compliance and duties, privateness defense, danger research and protection metrics, social engineering, and safeguard management/forensics.
- Agricultural Trade, Policy Reforms, and Global Food Security (Palgrave Studies in Agricultural Economics and Food Policy)
- Global Catastrophes and Trends: The Next Fifty Years
- Emergency Planning for Nuclear Power Plants
- Europe, America, Bush: Transatlantic Relations in the 21st Century
- Complexity, Global Politics, and National Security
- [(Complete Book of Remote Access: Connectivity and Security )] [Author: Victor Kasacavage] [Dec-2002]
Additional resources for Android Security Cookbook
12. When a new computer is first set up, how does the system know that the person setting up the computer is authorized to do so? 13. What is the most secure form of authentication? 14. How can a hacker circumvent permissions-based access control? 15. How can a hacker circumvent correctly implemented encryption-based access control? TEAM LinG - Live, Informative, Non-cost and Genuine! Chapter 2 Understanding Hacking In This Chapter ◆ ◆ Know thy enemy. Hackers are the reason you need to implement computer security, and an in-depth defense against any adversary requires an in-depth understanding of that adversary.
Any serious attempt at security will keep these hackers at bay. In addition to the desire to impress their peers, script kiddies hack primarily to get free stuff: software and music, mostly. They share pirated software amongst themselves, make MP3 compressed audio tracks from CDs of their favorite music, and trade the serial numbers needed to unlock the full functionality of demo software that can be downloaded from the Internet. script kiddie A novice hacker. Underemployed Adult Hackers Underemployed adults are former script kiddies who have either dropped out of school or failed to achieve full-time employment and family commitments for some other reason.
Defend against them on public servers by staying up-to-date on the latest security bulletins for your operating system or by using security proxies that can drop suspicious or malformed connections before they reach your server. TEAM LinG - Live, Informative, Non-cost and Genuine! Understanding Hacking 35 Source Routing The TCP/IP protocol suite includes a little-used option for specifying the exact route a packet should take as it crosses a TCP/IP-based network (such as the Internet). This option is called source routing, and it allows a hacker to send data from one computer and make it look like it came from another (usually more trusted) computer.