By Jim W. Burgess, Philip A. Sinclair, Christophe M. Chretien, Jonathon Boucher (auth.), Associate Professor Sukhinder Kaur Cheema (eds.)
About the Series:
Advances in Biochemistry in Heath and Disease provides cutting-edge discussions in state-of-the-art biochemical examine, delivering intriguing advancements that influence healthcare and affliction examine. Volumes within the sequence concentrate on cross-disciplinary biomedical learn and look at a number of subject matters in biochemistry, mobilephone biology, molecular biology, and biomedicine.
Biochemistry of Atherosclerosis
Sukhinder Kaur Cheema
Biochemistry of Atherosclerosis examines atherosclerosis in nice aspect, targeting the danger of atherosclerosis, and the biochemical pathways concerned. It presents a breadth of data in addition to new insights right into a number of issues on the subject of atherosclerosis from best scientists all over the world who're on the vanguard of atherosclerosis learn. Biochemistry of Atherosclerosis is key interpreting for biomedical and scientific researchers.
- Hyperlipidaemia and Atherosclerosis
- Diabetes brought on Atherosclerosis
- Hypertension prompted Atherosclerosis
- Homocysteine Metabolism and Atherosclerosis
- Role of the Immune process in Atherosclerosis
- Role of Infectious brokers in Atherogenesis
- Dietary administration of Aherosclerosis
About the Editor:
Sukhinder Kaur Cheema is presently affiliate Professor of Biochemistry and a CIHR (Canadian Institutes of healthiness study) New Investigator on the Memorial collage of Newfoundland. a professional in dietary biochemistry, lipid metabolism and heart problems, she is pass appointed in school of medication on the Memorial college of Newfoundland.
Read Online or Download Biochemistry of Atherosclerosis PDF
Similar biochemistry books
E. A. Craig, P. Huang, R. Aron, and A. Andrew: the various roles of J-Proteins, the obligate Hsp70 co-chaperoneM. Belakavadi and J. D. Fondell: Nuclear hormone receptor signalingJ. P. Geibel and C. Wagner: An replace on acid secretionG. Owsianik, D. D’hoedt, T. Voets, and B. Nilius: The TRP channel superfamily
Instruction manual of foodstuff Isotherms: Water Sorption Parameters For meals And nutrition elements.
Chemistry pervades our lives, giving form and personality to the realm round us. It molds our weather, fuels our delivery, and offers meals its style and scent. Chemistry powers lifestyles itself. Chemistry for the Biosciences leads scholars throughout the chemical suggestions which are necessary to knowing organic platforms, utilizing daily examples and analogies to construct their self belief in getting to know a regularly daunting topic.
Achieve the path with BIOCHEMISTRY. The authors' leading edge conceptual and organizing "Essential Questions" framework publications you thru path strategies in a fashion that finds the wonder and value of biochemistry within the daily international. providing a balanced and streamlined presentation, this version has been up to date all through with new fabric and revised displays.
- Vascular Biochemistry
- Biochemistry, Edition: 4th ed
- Enzyme Kinetics, includes CD-ROM: Rapid-Equilibrium Applications of Mathematica, Volume 53
- Vascular Innervation and Receptor Mechanisms: New Perspectives
- Epitope Mapping Protocols: Second Edition
Additional info for Biochemistry of Atherosclerosis
28. Tall AR: Plasma high density lipoproteins. Metabolism and relationship to atherogenesis. J Clin Invest 86: 379–384, 1990. 29. Barter PJ, Hopkins GJ, Calvert GD: Transfers and exchanges of esterified cholesterol between plasma lipoproteins. Biochem J 208: 1–7, 1982. 30. Burgess JW, Boucher J, Neville TA, Rouillard P, Stamler C, Zachariah S, Sparks DL: Phosphatidylinositol promotes cholesterol transport and excretion. J Lipid Res 44: 1355–1363, 2003. 31. Jonas A: Regulation of lecithin cholesterol acyltransferase activity.
Effect of human apolipoprotein AI and human apolipoprotein all on plasma lipoprotein cholesterol metabolism. J Clin Invest 96:1440–1448, 1995. Mehlum A, Gjernes E, Solberg LA, Hagve TA, Prydz H: Overexpression of human lecithin:cholesterol acyltransferase in mice offers no protection against diet-induced atherosclerosis. APMIS 108: 336–342, 2000. Furbee JW Jr, Parks JS: Transgenic overexpression of human lecithin:cholesterol acyltransferase (LCAT) in mice does not increase aortic cholesterol deposition.
By way of its primary enzymatic action, LCAT plays a major role in HDL metabolism, especially in the reverse cholesterol transport (RCT) pathway, a multistep process by which cholesterol in the peripheral tissues is transferred Chapter 2. The Role of LCAT in Atherosclerosis 25 back to the liver for eventual elimination from the body (Fig. 1). To date, the RCT pathway continues to be considered as one of the major mechanisms by which HDL confers its cardioprotective effects . The first step of RCT entails the efflux of cellular cholesterol, along with phospholipids, onto the cholesterol acceptors, with the lipid-free apoA-I and the disc-shaped preβ-HDL being most avid .