By D. Lansing Taylor (auth.), D. Lansing Taylor, Jeffrey R. Haskins, Kenneth A. Giuliano (eds.)
High content material screening (HCS) used to be constructed by means of Cellomics Inc. within the mid-1990s to deal with the necessity for a platform which may be utilized in the discovery-driven study and improvement required to appreciate the features of genes and gene items on the point of the phone. excessive content material Screening: a strong method of platforms cellphone Biology and Drug Discovery discusses its use as a excessive throughput platform to appreciate the services of genes, RNA, proteins, and different mobile elements on the point of the dwelling cell.
excessive content material Screening is assembled to help either latest clients of HCS, in addition to investigators contemplating the addition of a discovery-driven platform to their study and improvement actions. The chapters were geared up into sections that spotlight the significance of integrating instrumentation, software software program, reagents, and informatics. additionally, there's a mixture of natural overview chapters on key issues and particular equipment chapters.
Read Online or Download High Content Screening: A Powerful Approach to Systems Cell Biology and Drug Discovery PDF
Similar biochemistry books
E. A. Craig, P. Huang, R. Aron, and A. Andrew: the varied roles of J-Proteins, the obligate Hsp70 co-chaperoneM. Belakavadi and J. D. Fondell: Nuclear hormone receptor signalingJ. P. Geibel and C. Wagner: An replace on acid secretionG. Owsianik, D. D’hoedt, T. Voets, and B. Nilius: The TRP channel superfamily
Guide of meals Isotherms: Water Sorption Parameters For nutrients And meals elements.
Chemistry pervades our lives, giving form and personality to the realm round us. It molds our weather, fuels our delivery, and provides nutrition its flavor and scent. Chemistry powers existence itself. Chemistry for the Biosciences leads scholars throughout the chemical options which are necessary to realizing organic structures, utilizing daily examples and analogies to construct their self belief in gaining knowledge of a regularly daunting topic.
Achieve the direction with BIOCHEMISTRY. The authors' leading edge conceptual and organizing "Essential Questions" framework courses you thru path options in a fashion that unearths the sweetness and usability of biochemistry within the daily global. providing a balanced and streamlined presentation, this variation has been up to date all through with new fabric and revised displays.
- Protein Downstream Processing: Design, Development and Application of High and Low-Resolution Methods (Methods in Molecular Biology)
- Biochemistry and Physiology of Visual Pigments: Symposium Held at Institut fur Tierphysiologie, Ruhr-Universitat Bochum/W. Germany, August 27–30, 1972
- Biochemistry of lipids, lipoproteins and membranes : (5th edn.)
- Contrast Media: Safety Issues and ESUR Guidelines (Medical Radiology)
- Structure and Chemistry of the Apatites and Other Calcium Orthophosphates
- Biochemistry of the Mevalonic Acid Pathway to Terpenoids
Extra info for High Content Screening: A Powerful Approach to Systems Cell Biology and Drug Discovery
DeBiasio, R. , Dunlay, R. , et al. (1997) High content screening: a new approach 1. to easing key bottlenecks in the drug discovery process. J. Biomol. Screen 2, 249–259. 2 Taylor, D. L. and Giuliano, K. A. (2005) Multiplexed high content screening assays create a systems 2. cell biology approach to drug discovery. Drug Discov. Today Technol. 2, 149–154. 3 Mattick, J. S. (2003) Challenging the dogma: the hidden layer of non-protein-coding RNA’s in com3. plex organisms. Bioassays 25, 930–939. 4 Gibbs, W.
Optical sectioning. J. Biomol. Screen. 1, 75–80. 57 Giuliano, K. , Haskins, J. , and Taylor, D. L. (2003) Advances in high content screening for drug 57. discovery. ASSAY and Drug Dev. Tech. 1, 565–577. 58 Giuliano, K. , and Taylor, D. L. (2004) Highcontent screening with siRNA optimizes a 58. cell biological approach to drug discovery: defining the role of p53 activation in the cellular response to anticancer drugs. J. Biomol. Screen. 9, 557–567. 59 Giuliano, K. , Cheung, W. , Curran, D. , et al.
4. Subpopulation Dynamics in Morphology Profiling The mammalian cytoskeleton represents several exquisitely regulated mechano-chemical subsystems that coordinately assemble to provide dynamic cellular structures in response to external cues. As cell morphology represents the sum of these subcellular structures it provides a quantifiable readout for cell function and thus a powerful tool for dissection of signaling pathways. Previously, we have shown that multidimensional image-based analyses for cytoskeletal dynamics in macrophages can provide additional insight into the molecular regulation of adhesion complex assembly (7).