By Rob Amini, Elias N. Khnaser, Chris Peiris, Susan Snedaker and Laura E. Hunter (Eds.)
Read Online or Download How to Cheat at Designing Security for a Windows Server 2003 Network PDF
Best security books
Constructing a knowledge defense software that clings to the primary of safeguard as a company enabler has to be step one in an enterprise’s attempt to construct an efficient safeguard application. Following within the footsteps of its bestselling predecessor, details protection basics, moment version presents info safety execs with a transparent figuring out of the basics of defense required to deal with the variety of concerns they're going to adventure within the box.
What an awesome global we are living in! nearly something you could think could be researched, in comparison, fashionable, studied, and in lots of instances, received, with the press of a mouse. the net has replaced our lives, placing a global of chance ahead of us. regrettably, it has additionally placed a global of chance into the arms of these whose reasons are lower than honorable.
This publication constitutes the refereed court cases of the twenty eighth IFIP TC eleven overseas details safeguard and privateness convention, SEC 2013, held in Auckland, New Zealand, in July 2013. The 31 revised complete papers awarded have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from eighty three submissions. The papers are geared up in topical sections on malware, authentication and authorization, community security/cryptography, software program safeguard, coverage compliance and responsibilities, privateness defense, hazard research and defense metrics, social engineering, and protection management/forensics.
- Principles of Computer Security CompTIA Security+ and Beyond Lab Manual
- Afghanistan's Local War: Building Local Defense Forces
- The CSCE Security Regime Formation: An Asian Perspective
- China's Security Interests in the 21st Century (Routledgecurzon Security in Asia Series)
- Computer Security – ESORICS 2009: 14th European Symposium on Research in Computer Security, Saint-Malo, France, September 21-23, 2009. Proceedings
Extra info for How to Cheat at Designing Security for a Windows Server 2003 Network
First, it sets all security values to a known value so you don't have to guess where changes might have been made. Second, applying any of the other predefined security templates does not set default values. The templates modify certain security settings, but if the default values are not in place, there might still be settings that leave your network vulnerable. Reapplying Default Security Settings Since beginning at a known starting point is critical to securing the network, you might choose to reapply default security settings.
2. inf file. This is what establishes a minimum baseline security level for a Windows Server 2003 network. You'll also need to use this file if you remove a security template from a GPO. inf file to restore all default settings changed by the removed template. If you want to define different baseline security components, you can create a copy of this file and edit the copy. However, be aware that the additional security templates build on this known baseline. inf file unmodified. 3. inf file via Group Policy.
If KdcName omitted, DNS can be used to locate KDCs. /DelKdc